What should a small child call her stepmom?

My daughter's dad got married over the weekend. I have a wonderful friendship with him and his wife, we are trying to figure out what an appropriate name would be for my almost 4 year old to call her. Right now she calls her by her first name but I want something special for her.

ShireeCS

Asked by ShireeCS at 12:47 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• Why not just add Miss to the first name?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I think it's great that you have such a good relationship with DD's wife! You are much nicer than I, lol. Ummm...What about Nonnie or is that to close to Mommie. Otherwise, you could find something in a different language that meant step-mom IDk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Try to turn her first name into a nick name. I know it's not the same thing but when my mom was in the process of adopting my little brother he called me LaLa.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:52 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• wow, i would only ever want my daughter to call her dads gf/fiance/wife whatever she is her first name...
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 12:52 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My step son's mom wanted her son to call me something other than my first name too and I didn't get it. I never wanted him to call me anything but my name. She was his mother, not me and I didn't feel it was appropriate to take on a title that remotely resembled a motherly role. I felt it was disrespectful to her role as his mother.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 1:02 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Mama (Her First Name, Nickname, or Maiden name here - like Mama Jones LOL)
    Steppie (Name Here)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Nonnie is my daughters grandma so that wont work. Another reason is that my daughter has a half brother and that is his mom so we dont want it to be to confusing. We will ultimately leave it up to Brandi (stepmom) on what she wants Jaq (my daughter) to call her. We just thought maybe we could find something cute. They have a great relationship and I know she would never try to take my place she just fills in where I cant fit lol.
    ShireeCS

Answer by ShireeCS at 1:18 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I WISH DH'S EX-WIFE WAS AS NICE AS YOU...LOL. SHE IS VERY HATEFUL AND MEAN.....LOL
    TashaMarie349

Answer by TashaMarie349 at 1:24 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• way to goHow about Momma (her first name)? And I think it is great that you have such a great relationship with your ex and his wife.

goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:11 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• what the child is comfortable calling her.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:56 AM on Feb. 24, 2009