I still haven't gotten my period?

I havent' gotten my period since December 11th. I was ovulating around Jan 4th. And i've read that it takes about 8-12 days for conception to happen. So with this being said am i pregnant. I took a test back at the end of January and it was negative. And I took another a week and a half ago and that was negative. I have gas, and heart burn more than normal. My boobs are sore but they usually are before my period. So if anyone has gotten a false test but was pregnant my question for you is how many weeks were you before you got a positive test?

tagansmybaby

Asked by tagansmybaby at 12:52 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I would go get a blood test at the doctors office. This past month I was so sure I was pregnant..sore boobs, gas, bloating, acne ..the works.. took a test when I was late and it was neg..the next day I Started.. hopefully you are!! ... but if you keep getting the neg go ahead and schedule the blood test. It will put you at ease..and if stress or excitement of pregnancy.. is going on..it can cause you to be late.. our bodies do some crazy things to us!! good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Hey! My first day of my last period was Dec. 12th, so we were right around the same time...I am currently 9 weeks pregnant, BUT it took me a while to get a positive test (or so i thought) I ovulated late, so even when my period was due, the test still came out negative...I waited, and a week laater I got a BFP, but looking back, I was only 3 1/2 weeks pregnant! BUT when I was curious, I was looking stuff up online a/b false negatives and all tat stuff, and really, the easiest thing is to call your OBGYN doctor, and get a blood test. Thats what I called for, then I got the positive, so I changed it to a prenatal appointment. It should be time for your 2nd period though, right?? Some women jsut have lower levels of HCH that cannot be picked up on HPT's, so insist on a blood test at the dr. office, b/c even if your not pregnant, they need to figure out why your skipping periods!! Good luck ot ya!
    StacyDeAnn

Answer by StacyDeAnn at 9:52 AM on Feb. 24, 2009