RSVP

What does RSVP to a kids birthday party mean to you?

Danishlady

Asked by Danishlady at 12:58 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Entertainment

Level 1 (-340 Credits)
  • I inform the hosts as to whether my children will be coming or not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• uh..call and say whether or not you can make it.........................
    Anonymous

• Respond to let the host know if you are attending or not. Lots of people don't rsvp, and some rsvp and don't show. It's annoying but just let it go. Otherwise you will drive yourself nuts over things you can't control. (if that is what drove you to ask the question).
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:55 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• It means to let the host or hostess know if you or your child will be attending or not. I always RSVP, but many don't. I'm having a b-day party Saturday and many kids have not yet called. I never know if I should include them in my count or not.
    Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 5:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I'm in this spot Teachermom01. It's my SS bday party and first time DH and I have hosted at our house. We live out of SS school district, but not that far away. I feel I'm being pushy and asking DH to call these parents since we need to plan for the goody bags, etc. Am wondering if no calls are coming in because it's dad and not mom?
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 12:10 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• Inform the parent that you child or children are coming so they will know how many treat bags to make up as the child leave, how much ice cream is needed, how big the cake needs to be, that is what it means for me.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:19 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• "respondez, sil vous plait" I think is the literal translation in French. it means, respond please. i always thought it meant something in latin, also, but i haven't had enough coffee yet this morning to dig deeper and I think I pinched a nerve in my back, so I'm SUPPOSED to be on here looking for exercises to loosen it up but oh, no, fell into cafemom on my way to google.... :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:21 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• It means as soon as you get the invite call or email the person with a yes or no so they dont waste their money making too many party bags and buy too much cake or vice versa! I hate it when people don't rsvp but most people dont bother so its always better to just buytoo much rather than too little! I make sure to do it as soon as I get the invite!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 8:56 PM on Mar. 5, 2009

• SS birthday party was awesome. We had one confirmed RSVP, and 2 yes RSVP's that were given by the boys at my SS school. Guess what? The 2 yes RSVP's given to my SS at school, never showed up. And 2 boys who were on the invite but never called, ended up showing up! So, we had to change the names on the goodie bags by scribbling out the other boys names and filling in with the other boys who showed up. When I asked my SS what happened to the 2 boys that said yes they were coming, he said, "One got sick and the other one went fishing bcuz he forgot"!
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 4:09 PM on Mar. 6, 2009