previous preterm birth

Hello.. I had my daughter at 31 weeks gestation, reason was not really known, I had a high white blood cell in the hospital, so perhaps it was most likely an infection, my wisdom teeth were coming in, I don't really know if that would cause it or not. Anyways.. Is it a high percentage if I got pregnant again I'd have another preterm birth? (I have my heart set on being a surrogate, but if there's chance, I guess I wont' do it) ruled out incompetent cervix, pre eclampsia for being the cause

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There IS a risk, but because every pregnancy is different, the risk is not high. Your OB/Midwife will keep a closer eye on you than normal though to see if they see any pattern similar to your last pregnancy. Now if it was something like pre-e, then I would say your risk would be considerably higher because that is known to repeat itself often, but since that's ruled out, I wouldn't worry too much.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Every pregnancy is different and history may not repeat itself,but for a surrogacy decisions that may put a whole other issue why you may/may not be able to could be as follows.
    Like what type of surrogacy.(TS or GS)
    Are you doing an independant arrangement.
    Using an agency.
    Some fertility clinics have certain requirements from age,medical history,past birth issues.
    Go to www.surromomsonline.com
    They may give you better answers.
    Whatever you decide best of luck
    Baby1114

Answer by Baby1114 at 2:02 AM on Feb. 24, 2009