How can we do a cheap wedding?

Okay so my SO and I decided that we are going to get married YAY! we picked June 13th of this year to get married but it has to be on a budget a small budget any suggestions?

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 1:07 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • If you have the actual wedding at a courthouse, this would be very inexpensive. Bring along your closest family members and a pile of cameras. Wear a beautiful but inexpensive dress (Target has $99 wedding dresses online. I kid you not.) You could either make your own bouquet or order one. The next day, you could then have a potluck party at your home (or a family members) and this would give you more time to set up a do-it-yourself type party, since you wouldn't be doing it the same day as the wedding. You could do sheet cakes instead of wedding cake, Boom box instead of DJ, etc. for the family.
    Trixiebelle2

Answer by Trixiebelle2 at 1:31 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• How small? ...You might consider doing a pot luck wedding. You take the risk of getting fewer gifts but it will cut down your costs on the food substantially. Also, see how many ppl in your family can help you out. My cousin and step mother in law did our photos and they are GREAT.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:10 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Hmmmmm a pot luck wedding thats an idea I never though about, and really small like maybe 40 people at most
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:15 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Justice of the peace.
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:17 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Vegas? They have really cute chapels and lots of fun stuff at night. If you want family there then the potluck thing sounds fun.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:19 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I went to a wedding once where they picked wild flowers early the morning of the wedding. It was outside in front of the brides fathers pond. They laid out table linens that were from both sides of the family. The family from both side brought food and one aunt made a beautiful center piece out of fruit. It was a beautiful. Whenyou spend less I think your imagination is more free to make it even more beautiful than the over top weddings.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:19 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I agree pnwmom. more beautiful and more memorable.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:28 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• When my husband and I got married we were fortunate. My oldest broether was the minister, his wife did the flowers, another brother taped the music, still another brother (I have five) videotaped the wedding and reception, his wife was our photographer. We got married in the minister's backyard, and the reception was potluck. Everyone had a great time and I got a terriffic husband.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 4:07 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• A friend of mine bought a white prom dress after prom season on Clearance and saved a ton of money there!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 7:54 AM on Feb. 24, 2009