Godparents

Do your child/children have godparents if so how did you chose them and does it have to be in a will for the children to go to that person? What if they have godparents that are not married who gets the kids sorry so many questions i really want to know this stuff so i can make the decision. My mother-in-law got mad cause I said i want my mom to take my dd if something happened to me and dh. I dont trust my in-laws fil is in bad health and so is mil and all three of their kids are known by the local police by name and by face cause they had no rules and 2 are felons i just dont trust them to take care of dd.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would like to have godparents for my children ...but dont have any close friends that deserve that title.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:12 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I chose my bestfriend to be my DD godmother.
    I chose her because she would raise my DD the way I would want her to.
    Choose a set/one godparent based on the similar way you think and believe.
    It's what I did and I'm quite happy with my choice.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 1:14 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Isn't your husband one of those 3 well known persons to the police?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Yes he is but not a felon just for public intox
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I had such a hard time finding Godparents for my son, he didn't get baptized til last year! By then he was at the age that he had to make all 3 Sacraments on the same day. I think, for having waited so long, it was worth it. I found some stand up Godparents.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Find one person you trust completely and tell them you are choosing them. If you want it to be legal you need to sign papers (with babies dad) in front of a notory, or it can be contested. MIL can get mad but if you trust your mom, stick to your guns...its your child, MIL had her turn.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:29 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• we chose my best friend to be our son's "god parent". she is the least crazy, youngest person I know with a relatively stable housing situation. she is full of as much love for my son as I am. I know that even if the chips are down she will always persevere through those hardships and wont give up. plus I know that when she finds the right woman to settle down with she will make a wonderful parent.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 1:32 AM on Feb. 24, 2009