Do you believe there is such a thing as world peace, ...

Do you believe there is such a thing as world peace, or is it necessary in life for there always to be a duality in existence?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 1:42 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• There needs to be some duality, but we would always have that even if there was world peace. However I'm pretty sure world peace will never be achieved in our lifetimes, and probably never. The earliest records tell of conflicts that escalated into wars, usually over land or religion. Mostly religion of some sort or another.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 6:41 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I don't think it is necessary but, i don't think there will ever be such a thing as world peace
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• No.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 4:16 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• People (and all creatures) have fought since the beginning of time, and will continue to do so till the end of time.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:50 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• There are too many different cultures, religiions, and political views in this world for EVERYONE to get along.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 7:09 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• We could always create an Orwellian society where everyone is controlled and nobody is allowed a free thought. We'd have peace, but we'd also probably rather be dead.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:27 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• As long as there are countries who don't just dislike countries like our own, but actually teach HATRED, there won't be peace. Even if they terrorize us and we gave up and rolled over and they came into power, they would simply kill all the people in the world that do not believe in their god. Well, then maybe there would be peace...

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:29 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I think that the Bible says that as long as time lasts, there will be wars and rumors of wars. I think that would rule out world peace.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:56 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Well, not everyone lives by the bible.

I believe in it. Will I ever see it? probably not.

War never decides who is right but who is left.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 9:27 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Absolutely not. There is too much evil in man for there to ever be complete peace.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Feb. 24, 2009