How do you get a child started in modeling?

Asked by BRANDIBLAZ at 9:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• when we lived in the Los angeles area both my kids modeled and my daughter did a comercial. It is really hard and competitive and you have to be in an area where there is a lot of work. But I would suggest you start by looking in your phone book for agrents and talent managers. Then check with the BBB and make sure that they are legitamate and that they are not schools that are just out for your money. You should never have to pay anything for representation they get their moeny when your kid gets a job. The only thing that you should have to pay for is pictures.

Answer by momoftwins96 at 9:53 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Ebay has started a few child modelling careers. There are sewers who make children's clothing and sell them on Ebay. If you have a good camera (a digital SLR) you can offer to take photos of your daughter modelling the outfits. Most models start out for free and once they become more well known they model in exchange for the outfits. If your pictures are good you may even hear from designer labels. Models who started out this way:

Gabby (in Pickle Juice:

Kristi (in Greggy Girl )

Chaislyn (in Haven Girl

Sophie (in Greggy Girl

Chaislyn (in Baby Gassy Gooma

Whitney (in Baby Gassy Gooma

Answer by Eliza34 at 10:37 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Why on earth would you want to do that to your child?

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Jun. 20, 2008

• to answer the anonymous dd is 9 yrs old..and she asked me to do it....

Answer by BRANDIBLAZ at 1:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2008