what should i do??

okay so i am 29weeks pregnant and i got home about 5 or so. Did the dishes, made a roasted chicken for 2 hours. Then made potatoes, gravy and green beans. Everyone left there dishes all over the place, didn't say thank you or nothing. Then i had to clean up, do the dishes and put everything away by myself. to answer the question off the bat i do ask for help and they just say well its your job to do this and i did this last week you can do somethings to you know... i do the dinner, dishes thing everynight and no help EVER.

DO YOU THINK THAT IS RIGHT FOR ME TO HAVE TO DO??

Katiebears89

Asked by Katiebears89 at 1:47 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• no it is not fair but its common...welcome to my nitemare lol. 6 months preg but sure let me be the maid too...no problem.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:57 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Not preggers.. it's not fair for you to be doing all the work for a baby and everything for your family at the same time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Omg no ppl are so freaking rude I hope it gets better for you
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:49 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i know it is stupid if i was at my moms i wouldnt beable to do anything for myself. except go to the bathroom lol. I just think it is immature and messed up how pregnant people have to still do everything when they are the ones caring the baby.
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 2:02 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Wow people honestly think being pregnant means you dont have to do anything? Since when is a pregnancy a prescription for lazyness?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Honestly, that's not that much work. When you roast a chicken it stays in the oven so that's easy. Potatoes don't take that much effort, and green beans you throw in a pot. I worked, went to school, cooked dinner, and took care of an older child. I cleaned up too and cleaned the house, etc. My DH would help with some chores around the house like mowing, etc. Just because you're pregnant does not mean you can't do stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Don't do it all the time, or do it when you feel like it. I don't like that term "it's your job". Even if you stay home, everyone needs to pitch in sometimes! You also do the banking, the shopping and other errands right? So YOU work too! Put your foot down and get to a compromise. If you don't, your life will always be this way. At least, he can appreciate all all the daily things you do! It is NOT to much to ask for a damn thank you.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:26 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I just really enjoy reading these posts from obviously the younger women.
    I worked my etire pregnancy. Took a week off before she came and took her to work with me 2 weeks later. Then my sister cared for her when I was at work.
    Come on!
    Are you a woman or a crippled pregnant woman now that you are pregnant?
    Maybe if all women can do now is be disabled when they become pregnant.............you better not get that way again.
    Yes, it would be nice for others to help; but, be real.
    Aliza777

Answer by Aliza777 at 3:07 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I just stopped doing things and it drove my husband nuts.. so then he started doing everything and i wouldnt help and he would get so mad... now we work together... GREAT LESSON LEARNED ON HIS PART!
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:26 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• to the ones that are saying that they worked and did all this their Entire pregnancies did either of you two have been told you are at a high risk pregnancy, or have been told that you shouldn't be on your feet very long or do this or that.. NOOOOOO so you can stop being so mean, you don't know all of the story so yeah you can stop being so I AM QUEEN PREGGERS GIRL!!!!!
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 24, 2009