Also posted in health... TMI but i need some answers !! Thank you a lottttt!!

For anyone that had a c-section...the dr told me that its normal to not have a BM for a few days after the section... its been a week though, and still no BM ive been taking stool softener that my dr said to take daily and still nothing. i can feel that i need to and its right there and i sit on the toilet for a good 15 min but nothing happens.... its frustrating! lol

i cant really push because of my incision.

so my question is.. for those of you that had a c section, how long did it take you to have a bowel movement??

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:03 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hmmm. This is embarrassing. I actually had to put my finger inside my vagina and push on the inside to help the poop come out. Good luck. I had a bowel movement a couple days after my c-section.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:19 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Oh girl, it took me forever to actually have a BM. As long as you're not hurting, I wouldn't be too concerned.
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 4:24 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I chugged prune juice for a week until I finally went, I kept remember all the food I ate in the hospital and freaked out about it still sitting up in there!
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 6:14 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Same here it was about 2 weeks for a regular BM, but about a week for anything to come out. And i WAS NOT normal for about 6 weeks.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 9:31 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I had a bowel movement the next night. for both my babies. It will hurt a bit to push but you should be fine, you need to start getting your stomach muscles working. If it helps , place a small pillow over your stomach when you push.
    MidnightKarma

Answer by MidnightKarma at 9:51 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• now i felt to answer this question even though i didn't have a c section but a natural birth...i didn't have a BM after giving birth for it must have been almost 2-3 weeks after..it hurt so bad i couldn't push or anything so i see how much pain u could be in sorry im not much help but i tried ex lax and everything just be patient don't push hard and get hemorrhoids..good luck
    djanowski775

Answer by djanowski775 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2009