How can i get my daughter to take naps again??

My daughter is 2 1/2 and just a couple weeks ago my dh and i switched her into a toddler bed. Since then she has NOT taken a nap so during the day she gets over tired and all thegets so fussy time....I don't know what to do I have tried everything nothing seems to work any suggestions?

momofone072506

Asked by momofone072506 at 3:09 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• What is "everything" that you have tried?
    maybe you need to bump her nap back a half hour. Or wake her up earlier or lay her down later.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:10 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• my ds stopped napping at 18 months, just stopped. maybe she has outgrown them?
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 3:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I have tried to put her down at different times i have tried rocking her to sleep i have tried giving her a warm bath before i have tried displining her for not staying in bed and i don't think that she has out grown it because if we go out somewhere she falls asleep in the car....so i know she is tired
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 4:00 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• my two year old does that same thing i have to sit or lay with him at nap.and that usally works but wait til she is good and tired .when i was having so much problem i was trying to lay mine down at normal nap time at 11:00 i started waitng til 1:00 or1:30 and i would sit with him 5 or 10 min. and he just. goes right out.hope this helps.
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My 2 year old is also trying to boycott naps these days. I try to lay her down at the same time every day, that seems to help. Sometimes I have to lay down on the couch with her, sometimes she'll just be exhausted enough to go to sleep in her bed. My DD's ped. said that it is common at this age to not want to take a nap, but that they still need them. I know that if DD doesn't take a nap, she is done for by 6pm and wants to sleep then. Good luck.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 11:33 AM on Feb. 24, 2009