For those of you that had a c section when did you take the binder off????

So i had a c section last tuesday on the 17th and was sent home fri evening.

They had me keep the binder to wear at home. [The band that they wrapped around my stomach and incision to hold things in place]
i have to wear it when im up and walking around but when im layind down i can take it off.

my question is.....
FOr those of you that had a c section nd had this binder, how long until you took it off for good??

my dr never gave me a time amount to keep it on just said when i feel ready. just curious

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:13 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had a c sec with my last they never gave me a binder just put tape over it
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:18 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• really?!

i feel so secure with this binder thing lol i couldnt imagine not having one at all...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:21 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I never had a binder. However, if they had given me one I would have worn it. I ended up with an incisional hernia. Wear it and ask the doctor. You don't want a second surgery. Trust me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• hmm. I never had a binder. I would put a call in to your Dr. in the morning. I had stitches, they took them out 2 days later when we left, and put tape strips on the scar. I took them off the next day in the shower, that was all I needed. :)
    wishwish

Answer by wishwish at 4:23 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I've had 3 and was never given a binder so I would think it's ok to take it off by now!
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 8:27 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I wore mine for about 2 weeks, only because it will help your uterus contract and the extra plus of getting in to some of my clothes.

I loved my binder and would wear it again if I have to get another c-section.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 8:58 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Oh i forgot to say, i had 2 and would switch them out night and day. I gained 80 lbs for my pregnancy and with in 2 weeks i was back to normal. HTH
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 8:59 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• With my first csec I used the binder way to long! Like weeks and weeks! I would say when u feel most comfortable. Its still going to be sore but you have to get the muscles back to normal! With my second daughter i used the one i had from my previous csec as they didnt give it to me but i only used it about a week.
    Heather12381

Answer by Heather12381 at 9:37 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I have had 2 c-sections and never had a binder. they took the staples out a couple days after I was released and then I had steri stripes on til they fell off on their own. Just take it easy, no heavy lifting, don't exert yourself for the first couple of weeks and you should be fine to take it off right now.

MidnightKarma

Answer by MidnightKarma at 9:47 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• The obgyn I went to said to keep it on for like 3 months, but after a month I decided to take it off because I felt fine after that. I would recommend at least a month or more...
    vrobleto

Answer by vrobleto at 10:26 AM on Feb. 24, 2009