Am I really lucky??

I take my husband for granted and I know there are many other woman who would die for what I have. I don't appreciate him nearly as much as I should. My husband gets up with the kids every morning makes sure thier hair is brushed, feeds them, packs thier bookbags and sends them off to school. He lets me sleep in as late as I want, when I get up he brings my coffee to me. He does all the laundry and I never have touched a single dish since the day we got married. If I want to go hang out with my sis or go get my hair done, I just go. He vacums and dusts. If he goes anywhere he always takes our little kids with him ( the kids that are not in school).He will not even buy a soda without asking me first (because I do all the finances). he tells me 100x a day that he loves me. He is very generous with affection. He supports me in what ever CRAZY ideas I come up with. Is this normal or am I really lucky?

Fairytalemomof3

Asked by Fairytalemomof3 at 3:56 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• I think you're really lucky. My husband spoils me, but not that much. I mean, he let's me buy whatever I want, he wants me to work because I want to work, but he doesn't care if I make money, he gets up with our daughter on weekends. But he doesn't do very much house work, occasionally he'll cook or help with the dishes, normally that's my domain though.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:59 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Your one lucky lady and it sounds like he could do with some help around the house and with the kids sometimes too!
    Shellmybells

Answer by Shellmybells at 3:59 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Your almost too lucky.. I'd be worried "the other shoe would drop" someday. *joke* but you are very lucky!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I think that to sometimes,waiting for the other shoe to drop. But he isn't perfect so I think that his flaws keep things in check. I do help with house work. He doesn't do the nitty gritty like scrubbing the floors and bathrooms. I do that. As far as the kids, its 50/50 he does the mornings because I have never been a morning person( i work nights). He doesn't work either, so its kind of like role reversal. He went out on disability a few years back, thats when I went back to work. It worked for us so we never changed it.
    Fairytalemomof3

Answer by Fairytalemomof3 at 4:30 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• lucky if you like that sort of thing. Me? I like the bad boys (well not bad like criminal or anything). Mine is more like the male chauvanist pig who thinks women should be subservient and the ideal woman stays on her knees in front of him. I can't see mine doing what your's does but then again he wouldn't be who I love if he did.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:53 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• This is sweet! You're lucky, and all of us who are in loving relationships and know it are lucky. Don't think about "the other shoe" dropping, just be thankful for the blessings you have now. I have seen women who have very nice men, but they get bored or paranoid and almost purposely muck it up. It's great that you have what you want and you know it.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:16 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• You are a very blessed woman. I was just wondering what you do for him to show your gratitude for all this.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:05 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• you rockIt sounds as though you have a very good marriage. I am pleased to hear that the arrangement that you have is working so well for you.

Answer by Bmat at 9:17 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• You are blessed with a man that shows you and tells you how much he cares.

Stop taking him for granite..(sp) you said you do that yourself..

Give and take..that works the best..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 9:35 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• WOW! YOu are the luckiest woman I know!!!!!!!!!!! Geez! My husband does some of the things but not nearly as much as yours does!!! WOW!!! Please appreciate him more.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 9:43 AM on Feb. 24, 2009