42 and wanting to have another child

My husband of 24 years and I want to have another child we have for 10 years. He had his little men clipped but we are fine trying with donor sperm I just have no idea how to go about this. He did that after I had a miscarriage at 6 months. Am I too old? Alot happened to make us wait the biggest was our oldestchild Patrick got cancer and battled 8 months only to lose his battle with Non Hodgins Lyphoma at 23. That was almost two years ago we wait till now to even talk about it again even tho we wanted this before he got sick. Not sure about what steps to take. Money as with most is an issue I can't afford thousands. My husband is fine with this its his idea and as he adopted our son at 1 year old and never could my son had a better dad.

Stormy1431

Asked by Stormy1431 at 5:04 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• not sure what your question is.but if you really want another child then do what ever it takes to make it happen,sorry for your losses,wow a baby at 42?by the time im that age i want my kids fully independant,and i want to have all my freedom back,including a 'courtship'with my husband!!but good luck.hope you and your husband realise your long held dream.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2009