Dog ?

Ok hubby and I want to get a dog. We are not sure what kind to get. What is a good dog to get that is also good around kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I like australian sheep herding dogs. They are sweet, small-mid sized and great for families. They'll keep your kids in the yard.... and in a small circle for that matter...

I've never had one but I've been around them. I want one :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:42 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Any dog is what you make it! People like to categorize and put them into classisfications that they shouldn't be a dog will only do what its owner trains it to do Some people would say a poodle or golden retriever maybe even a lab would be great if you have kids, I had a Rottweiler when my son was a baby - such a lovey girl she was and EXCELLENT with my son, we had to give her up due to moving but she was amazing..
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 5:12 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I am partial to Labs.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 5:39 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Beagles are good, too.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 5:40 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I have a St. Bernard and he is a big teddy bear.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 5:50 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• A St Bernards are great and labs are great atleast they will play ball, etc with the kids and those 2 learn dogs learn easy on playing and they don't care how much the kids pull, bite slober
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:09 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• We have a lab...and he's just awesome! Very sweet! They need to be exercised many times a day though. They just have so much energy. You can play outside with a ball for an hour and they're still ready to run a marathon. =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Beagles are great, we have one BUT they shed all year round! I hate it.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• We have a Siberian Husky, he is very active and has lots of energy. He is good with our dd also.
    jessduncan77

Answer by jessduncan77 at 7:39 AM on Feb. 24, 2009