What do you feed a 7 month old baby?

Do you stick with pureed baby foods, or do you give /her table foods? Do you do stage 1 or stage 2?

Curious!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use stage 2 from the grocery store when I need to buy them. I am also using stage 3 b/c they have some chunks in them. But I mostly make my own b/c it is cheaper. But my LO is not quite ready for table foods. She can pick them up but can't get them to her mouth yet. We are still practicing about every other day with oyster crackers though.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:51 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• well my daughter was eating mashed taters,mashed up vegetables and some of the stage 2 dinners
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• at 7months our DD was eating everything that you could puree... mashed potatoes with veggies and even some meat.

she always had problems to chew things so we had to throw almost everything in the blender. but baby cookies ect she was eating without any problems :)

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:53 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• At 7 months my boys were eating a mix of stage 2's and diced up table foods. Our pediatrician said not to use stage 3 because it's a marketing gimmic and the chunks IN the puree actually make it a choking habit. (think a baby trying to swallow a pill suddenly.....going along with puree and swallows a chunk accidentally.)

We never did stage 1. It was much more cost effective to buy one stage 2 jar instead of two stage 1 jars!
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:01 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I NEVER GAVE MY SON STORE BOUGHT BABY FOOD. MY SISTER USED TO GIVE HER KIDS THAT STUFF. SO I WOULD USE HER EMPTY BABY FOOD BOTTLES AND I WOULD PUREE UP STUFF IN MY BLENDER.. MY SON ALWAYS ATE WHAT WE ATE..

HE HAD REAL... FOOD. SORRY I PREFER TO KNOW WHAT HE IS EATING.
    JESUSCARES4YOU2

Answer by JESUSCARES4YOU2 at 8:33 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I agree with JESUSCARES4YOU2, I make all of my DS food. I know exactly what goes in. But he eats all the same food we do with out the majority of the seasoning. this way we don't have to worry about him not wanting something after eating it in baby food form. The texture stays the same.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 8:56 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My LO eats stage 2. I am only just now starting to give her a little bit of table food. She is almost 8 months and likes chewing. She is so funny when you give her stuff that isn't very thick. i think she thinks its a drink, now. lol. Her thinner stage 2 foods I am mixing with cereal so that she eats them better. she is also starting to eat less from her bottles. She has been on stage 2 for over a month now. i switched her when she started eating 4 jars of stage 1 food a day and seeming hungry still.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:24 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My 7 month old is eating stage one fruits and veggies. but she has only been eating solids for the past couple of weeks. I don't normally go to stage 2 til after they have been on solids for a couple months and have teeth in. She also eats about a jar and 1/2 a day.

Also they want you to give the same food 3 days in a row incase there are any food allergies.
    MidnightKarma

Answer by MidnightKarma at 9:42 AM on Feb. 24, 2009