Over 200?

Any ladies over 200lbs and ttc? Has it been more difficult for you and have you tried to lose weight to give yourself better chances? Did you have other children over a size 14 and it was fine? Any feedback would be great.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:18 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Im not over 200 pounds...but i am a little over weight... When we TTC i started working out and that made things alot easier.... Also my cousin had tried to have kids for a few years and ended up adopting 2 girls and just started working out last year and is not pregnant and having a boy!
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I wasn't over 200 but I was close when I got prego. I was a size 14 and it went well.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• my SIL was 200 lbs exactly. She was able to concieve to baby boys! She had poly cystic ovarian symdrome, and she was ttc for a couple years befor finding that out. Once she had her d&c to remove scar tissue (and she had another procedure) she got pregnant right away! Good Luck, I know that it can happen... she was also only 5 ft. tall!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• As long as your weight is not effecting your cycles and you still have regular periods, you should be able to get pregnant. Being overweight will make you more at risk for things like gestational diabetes once you are pregnant though, so if you can lose weight before you conceive that would benefit both you and baby.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 11:22 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I am 5'9 and about 200. So hopefully it won't affect ttc for me. Thanks so much for ur help!!
    Anonymous

• I'm about 185-190. I don't look it though. I think if you workout and try and eat healthy, then your chances are really good.
    I don't think there's a magic answer. I know that i'm told from my doctor that i'm a little over the ideal weight.
    But, I don't think it's impossible to conceive being 200+

good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:27 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I feel like all i see if these huge women that are pregnant!!!!
    Anonymous