When do you begin potty training. My daughter is 14 months old.

EmilysMom333

Asked by EmilysMom333 at 8:27 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter is going to be 3 in April and she is finally day time potty trained. I introduced the potty around 16 months old when I also switched her to a toddler bed. I didnt enforce anything at that age...than right after she turned 2 i started potty training, she was day time potty trained for a few months than I had my second daughter and she backtracked to a diaper. Some people can get their kids potty trained at a younger age but most of my friends kids are closer to two that are doing so.
    Heather12381

Answer by Heather12381 at 9:33 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i started putting her on the potty at 1 and now she tells me pee pee when she has to go
    111807mom

Answer by 111807mom at 9:56 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• It depends on what you mean by "started".
    We got the little potty, started reading her potty training storybooks, and started talking about where mommy and daddy go peepee and poop at about 13 months.
    She wasn't willing to sit on the potty until 27 months. Before that, she'd jump up and run away the instant I put her on the potty. If I tried to hold her there, she'd scream.
    Once we truly started at 27 months, she was daytime trained within a month.
    Remember that nighttime dryness has nothing to do with potty training. A fully potty trained child may wet the bed until 7 (or even later).

You'll have the most luck if you work WITH your child instead of trying to force your child to some "you are old enough" or "I am sick of diapers" schedule.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:43 AM on Feb. 24, 2009