ugh!! some people

My son and acouple of other boys in the class shaved their heads for their classmate that has brain cancer which the child is 4 yrs old. I heard so many rude and not understanding commets about my childs hair and my friends when we are in the store shopping. i mean gesh should i have to explain why are childs hair is shaved like a cross on a paper for them to understand, so i don't have to hear rude remarks while shopping?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would- just to make them feel like the idiots they are for opening their mouth!!! some people... why does it matter tot hem anyways.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 8:30 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I know it's like some ppl nee to mind there own bussiness,so what he shaved his head.It did'nt hurt anyone and he did it in support for another child...
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 8:32 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• What a wonderful statement your son is making! Ignore the ignorant people. YOU and your son know why his hair is like that, and that's all that matters. Sheesh- judgmental people!
    divakristi

Answer by divakristi at 8:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• OP <---- i have caught 1 mom making fun of my child hair with that cross shaved while in line and what i told that mom was ok since your making fun of the hair style i hope you know you are making fun of a boy that has brain cancer.. boy did that women shut up and didn't know what to say after that..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• That's what you need to do: make them feel stupid and embarassed for opening their mouths about something they know nothing about. I think that's a very compassionate and wonderful thing your son and the other boys did. I'm proud they did that and proud that you as parents let them, since some parents wouldn't. Good for all of you!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:08 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Wow, your son is going to grow up to be a very good man. In the spirit of the gesture, when people make rude comments, educate them. If I saw a kid wih his haior shaved into a cross I would think it was weird, that is until I knew why it was there.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 10:28 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Some people just seem to refuse to accept that there is a whole world outside their doors. Maybe you could have some literature about the issue in your purse. So when such a person is being rude you just hand them the paper / brochure and walk away. Make it really bright and if possible big enough so that a casual passer by might see it and in turn give 'em a 'boy are U dumb, dude' look! When they read it they will feel awful. I see weird stuff all the time and try not to jump to conclusions.
    Good for those concerned kids!

saltycoqui

Answer by saltycoqui at 11:33 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• That's SOOOO sweet!! I'll never understand why people feel the need to belittle someone else because they "look" different. Those people totally lack social skills, lol.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:54 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I'd smile and look them right in the eye and say I fully support my son in his decision to shave his head as a way for him to support a friend with cancer. Is that okay with you. Smile and walk away letting them know their the arse in this conversation.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 1:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• that is an AMAZING thing your son did! make sure you take LOTS of pictures os he can remember and share with his children when he is older.
    and i agree with the PP: "I'd smile and look them right in the eye and say I fully support my son in his decision to shave his head as a way for him to support a friend with cancer. "
    :) way to go mom for letting him!
    JaiceeRose

Answer by JaiceeRose at 2:58 PM on Feb. 24, 2009