A GOOD LEADER? Pelosi has also supported outright amnesty for illegal workers, including granting citizenship status to 500,000 illegal workers in the agriculture industry. Indeed, Nancy Pelosi has a special affection for illegal aliens, no doubt thinking how liberalized entry for poor migrant workers could help in staffing the non-union vineyards that Pelosi and her multi-millionaire husband own in Napa Valley.

Pelosi, the ardent advocate for labor causes, apparently has chosen not to hire members of the United Farm Workers to pick her vineyard grapes while at the same time she has chosen to sell those grapes to non-union wineries. She has an obvious conflict of interest every time that she votes on an immigration security bill because she and her husband personally benefit from the influx of cheap labor without whom “[N]ot one bottle of wine would get made here,” according to a farm worker advocate with Napa Valley Community Housing. [1] Is Pelosi looking out for her own financial interests, calculating how a law imposing strict penalties on employers of illegal aliens might affect her vineyard business instead of focusing on how porous borders will affect the security of everyday American citizens?

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 8:29 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Pelosi is a woman to watch and be concerned about. She's an awful rich woman who says she cares for the poor. She's always been about her own self interest.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:34 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Pelosi is a moron. The scariest thing about her is that if,God forbid,anything happened to both Obama and Biden, she'd be our President. As bad as Obama is, Pelosi would be a milion times worse. She is one of the scariest people I can think of,because she has more power than brains or common sense,and it's hurting us all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Pelosi looking out for her own financial interests

Pelosi= The Socialistic bourgeois= She wants all the advantages of modern social conditions without the personal struggles and dangers necessarily resulting in a socialized society. jmo...

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:41 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• She is not someone I can trust,
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:42 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Wealthy business owners do not become as wealthy as they are by paying them a fair wage and benefits. Doesn't surprise me at all, her Democratic voters would not care either or see the significance. Good post.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 8:43 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I am a registered democrat but if I lived in Calfornia I would never vote for her. She is just crazy and I can see why Calfornia is failing.

When is here term up? I really hate that she is the speaker. Its been to long since I took American Government in HS can the speaker retain their seat in the house but be asked to step down as speaker? I agree if an emegrency came up she is not the one you want to replace President Obama or VP Biden.
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 9:11 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• What is your question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• The question is:
    How can Pelosi be a good leader-The Speaker-when she cares nothing about the sweat of the illegals making her a buck and not paying the same taxes other business owners do for employing American workers with good pay and benefits. Duh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• She can't, thats all their is to that
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Some people think if you put a question mark behind a huge statement, that it constitutes as a question rather than a b---chfest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Feb. 24, 2009