What are some good websites for young children to interact on?

stacymomto3

Asked by stacymomto3 at 8:44 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• My chidren started out on www.pbskids.org and then there is another called my fantastic contraption. that one is fun my boys 8-15 love it. good luck
    orbitlynn

Answer by orbitlynn at 8:49 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Personally, I think young children shouldn't be on line "interacting" but interacting with parents such as playing games, reading, talking about life, playing outside or creatively involved in other activities. A recent study showed that the more people spend time on line the less they spend building "real" life relationships and it affects their emotional abilities. Sorry, but I think real life is what should fill a child's life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Anon I would have to guess that she isn't going to stick her kid online 24/7. Kids do need to start learning computer skills and I see no problem with giving them an educational activity or game to do on the computer.
    My daughter usually goes on the pbskids wesite or noggin.com. I know there are others out there but she never spends more than half hour a day on them so I haven't searched the others yet.
    TilmannsGirl

Answer by TilmannsGirl at 8:56 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My little boys 5 and 3 love
    www.starfall.com It helps them learn their abc's, the sounds they make and their 123's.
    momto4boys03-07

Answer by momto4boys03-07 at 9:02 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Interacting? No way- I personally never thought I would either until I found cafe mom an games are ok for a limited time but I cut my daughter off cause if its not educational the fun stuff is to addicting she would stay on for 2hrs if I'd Let her!
    fisherprice has cute fun stuff for younger children
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• The reason I am asking is that my older children are on a tutoring program through their school and the company that the school uses is online and they send a computer and the kids do the activities on it and they have a tutor that calls and talks to me about progress. But the younger kids want to be on the computer also. So I was looking for something for them to do that they will feel imortant too. I am not sticking the kids online all the time and I am right there with them since they are a little young to know exactly what to do.
    stacymomto3

Answer by stacymomto3 at 10:01 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I agree momto4boys, Starfall.com is a great website, my boys are 5 and 6 and they love it. We limit it to an hour a day. My 12 yr old likes mathisfun.com.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• It's not any worse than TV, and they are learning something as well, I am also right there with them when they are on MY laptop....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Feb. 24, 2009