What do you think?

Hi everyone I'm new to this site and I am curious. I'm 17 about to be 18 and my boyfriend (hes 18 turning 19 February 28) and saturday we had unprotected sex. I want a baby but not sure if its a good time, and my boyfriend, hes such a great guy and would be a great father and really has his life together and so do I. We are both very responsible but is it too soon? I mean my boyfriend and I aren't like most teens, we don't like to go out and party, we just like being with each other and with casual friends. We have such a great bond and we are so into each other. I dont know if I'm pregnant because its too soon but I'm hoping I am because this would be a total change but for me this change and life would be amazing and great but I'm doubting because maybe it is too early. I'm not sure how my parents are going to react, they will be upset at first but will support me. But tell me what you think. Thanks everyone :]]

Cj605

Asked by Cj605 at 9:00 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, sounds like me like your undecided if you want a baby or not? Honestly, I don't think anyone can ever prepare themselves for a baby.. They are very hard to raise, and they only get harder with age. I had my daughter when I was 18 years old. I've been with her dad for 7 years now and we've been married for 1 year this July. How will you support this child? Who will watch this child when you both have to work? Will you have equal support from family? How long have you been with your boyfriend? Do you think you 2 will last for years to come? What will happen if you have a child with a lot of medical problems? These are things that you really need to consider... Their is soo much to raising a child, and its not just fun and games. You are constantly protecting them, and bringing them to doctors...if their sick and your sick.. you have to suck it up and take care of them first... because you aren't number 1 ne more!! GL
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 9:19 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I understand there is many things to take in. My boyfriend who I've been dating for over a year is with me every step of the way.
    Cj605

Answer by Cj605 at 10:48 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I was sort of in the same boat, I got pregnant at 18 and my son will be born in April when I'm 19. My boyfriend is 20, and will be an amazing father, but the fact is, I sometimes wish we would have waited to start a family. We've been together for less then a year, our money situation isn't the best, and we live with his mom, who drives me nuts. =( my parents mainly my mom was upset when she found out but supports us now, my bf's father was very upset and wanted us to get married right away. In my opinion wait (if you have the option)until you have your own place, and are responsible enough to take care of the baby without others help. Good luck with your decision! =)
    gettingfat89

Answer by gettingfat89 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 24, 2009