Is it safe to loose weight now?

Hubby and I are trying to conceive. I would like to loose some weight in the next month or so. Is it safe to do this if I could be pregnant? I don't want to drastically cut calories, only eat healthier and be more active. During the first couple of months of pregnancy, is it safe as long as I don't overdo things? Have any of you lost weight or tried to during pregnancy? Any advice?

Wendy413

Asked by Wendy413 at 9:07 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes ,it would be very healthy,as long as you do it the healthy way,don't forget your fruits,and veggies.I don't know your weight,and it's none of my business,but I had a sis n law,that was overweight,and she tried for years to conceive,and her fertility Dr.told her something ,like some women if they are alot overweight,it is harder for them to conceive,she started exercising,and eating better, lost like 40 lbs, and she was preg within 8 months.Well worth a try. Good Luck,on your weight loss,and conceiving.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 9:18 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Eating better and excercising are always good, it would definately be okay for baby! Just don't try to drastically cut calories and just replace them with better foods. Sometimes losing weight helps to get pregnant! Good luck, if you start now then you can continue excercise throughout the pregnancy. Also, if you are TTC, then take your prenatal vitamins. They are always helpful too!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:05 AM on Feb. 24, 2009