After every shower I get light headed, dizzy, shacky...WHY

I'm 16 weeks along and everytime I get out of the shower I'm short of breath, light headed, and dizzy... I have to lie down for a few min to stop spinning... Why does this happen after every shower? I don't take real hot or long showers...

icebluegirl5

Asked by icebluegirl5 at 9:19 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• This used to happen to me too. Your blood pressure might be low or something. You should ask your doc about it at your next appt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I was going to say make your shower cooler, but you said you don't take hot showers. I can't think of an difference between the conditions of when you have had a shower and other times during the day. Perhaps it is the bending over to wash or dry that does it? Or the standing up for that length of time? Or raising your arms over your head? You probably should give your doctor's office a call and ask, since this doesn't seem a typical happening.

Answer by Bmat at 9:31 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• This happened to me during my 1st pregnancy. I believe it was b/c I needed to eat more. I'm happy to say it didn't last to long for me. Hope that helps.

Bobbie Jo!
    mrshernandez100

Answer by mrshernandez100 at 9:34 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I'm not sure why but it happened to me too, up until 26 weeks or so. A big cold glass of water always helped me!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• this happens to me all the time.
    but if i chew gum in the shower i'm fine.
    idk why.

gl
    mommy2be32509

Answer by mommy2be32509 at 6:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2009