If it's warm outside like really warm does it matter what season it is to dress cool?

A couple weeks ago it was weird weather. I always dress to the temp. not season (if it was snowing in july i wouldn't go swimming) I had jeans and flip flops and tee shirt my daughter Capri's and tee shirt IT WAS 78 Degrees people where staring and i heard some old people at starbucks talking about everyone (saying: their fat, oh she's nasty... etc.) they said some people think it's summer. If the weather permits how is that bad? there where other people dressed cool I'm sure they got stared at to

amommy2a2yrold

Asked by amommy2a2yrold at 9:37 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I always dress according to the temperature, not the season. who cares what other people think?
    you dont want to wear an eskimo jacket and snow boots in February if its 80 degrees outside! lol I think old people are just always cold. haha
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 9:51 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• You can dress cool, just don't dress Summer. White sandals, light colored flowery prints, - don't do these. Darker colors, yes. Dress for comfort- which means if it is very warm out that it would be silly to wear woolen and heavy clothing. You can dress for the season and still be comfortable by wearing lighter weight fabrics. Capris and T's, in nearly 80 degree weather- sounds fine to me, whoever commented was being silly, and probably sweating in their heavy winter clothing.

Answer by Bmat at 9:41 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• That's funny. A week or so ago it got into the 60s here (it's in the 20s right now) and my kids wore just their hoodies to school that morning and were playing outside in jeans and t-shirts. If it had been 78 they wouldn't have been wearing shorts only because they are all packed up but they would have been in t-shirts or the girls would have been wearing dresses (which are always hanging in the closet). And they would have dragged their flip flops out. We dress for the temperature not the season, too. It's silly to bundle up when it's 70 degrees just because it is February.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:41 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• oh geesh where what you want to wear when you want to wear it. Don't let other people tell you how to dress. You can wear a white spring dress today if it is warm outside- if that is what you want. Do what YOU want. Not what other people think you should do.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:49 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I live in a warm desert. We're starting to get into the 80s DAILY. If I couldn't dress for the temperature, I'd never leave home... I'm not bundling up for weather warm enough to not be using my heater.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 9:55 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I dress for the weather I remember sending my son to preschool in shorts in February once because it was unusually warm (Like almost 80) and he wanted to wear his shorts! People are just being rude because they are uncomfortable seeing as they are dressed for the month instead of the weather!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:00 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• If it's still winter but really warm I might shed the coat and hat but I'll still wear my jeans and perhaps a long sleeve shirt but if it's pushin 80 then a short sleeve will do too. I'm not putting shorts on myself or my kids just yet. I was raised to be vary weary of those warm days in winter. Warm today, freezing tomorrow and as my grandmother use to say "you'll catch your death". LOL
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 10:07 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I dress the way I want and to heck with what anyone else thinks.
    If it is warm and I'm going to be uncomfortable then I'll wear warm weather clothes, including flip-flops. I don't care what season of the year it is.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I live in Hawaii soo its almost always dress for the weather. Even when I was back home in Oregon I would dress for the weather. If it's cold I am going to bundle up if it's warm I am going to dress down. I never follow the dumb rules of what to wear....
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 12:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2009