Resume Help

Ok girls here is my question, I recently got fired from my job (because I had attendance problems because I often have child care isssues). Should I take my most recent job off my resume? I just don't want employers to know that I got fired from my last job. Any adivce you could give me would be great! Thanks girls!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Money & Work

• I think honesty is better..especially if you have a big time gap that you would be unable to explain. I would just tell them you had child care problems but you have that worked out now and then move on to tell them positive traits about your work ethic in the interview. Don't dwell on it and try to overjustify it. Just be sure they know you have corrected the problem.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:39 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• "I think honesty is better..especially if you have a big time gap that you would be unable to explain. I would just tell them you had child care problems but you have that worked out now and then move on to tell them positive traits about your work ethic in the interview. Don't dwell on it and try to overjustify it. Just be sure they know you have corrected the problem."

I agree! Honesty is usually the best way to go and I am sure they will understand if you explain you had childcare issues, but have since resolved them.
    tandknix

Answer by tandknix at 10:54 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Best to be honest, they will appreciate that more than finding out you lied.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 24, 2009