Need more advice

I talked yesterday about my husband and what he was going thru and what he said in the letter. Well I didn't say much to him last night. I acted like nothing was wrong but he still didn't speak much too me. For the last 5 days and nights he hasn't touched me, held me, loved me or anything else. When he is leaving for work he gives me a kiss bye but you can feel that it is just habit. What do I do. I am hurting soooo bad b/c I want to be there for him but I need his love and I need him to want me. What can I do or how can I make myself just keep holding on till things get better. How can I make things better? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• I would try and reach out to him saying things like I still believe in us, I still believe in you, I feel our relationship is strong enough to weather this storm, I want to help, I want to support, but I need you to meet me half way, to let me help and support you. Tell him his children need him, you need him.

If he's going through some sort of mid life crisis, he probably needs his ego stroked a little. IF he continues to withdraw, he may be depressed. Suggest he talk to his doctor about taking an anti-depressant. If he refuses, then he may just want out of the marriage. Don' t make excuses for him, demand/expect that he be an active participant in this relationship and to his children, if he wants out, make him file the papers.

You can't make anyone stay in a relationship that isn't happy. But don't give up trying! Like the old saying goes: If you love someone, set them free, they'll return if it's meant to be.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2009