What does Fat Tuesday or Mardi Gras mean to you?

I have recently found out where this originally comes from. I just want to see if you ladies on here know the true meaning of the day.

jeng1980

Asked by jeng1980 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It was historically the day that all sweets and fats and eggs were used up since they couldn't be eaten during Lent. For me the day makes me think of the history of the day and also about Lent and the serious and important time that it is for Christians.

Answer by Bmat at 10:52 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• nope nothing.have no clue
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I know I've heard it before but I don't remember
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:40 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Isn't it the last day to party before Lent? The last time you can have alcohol or what ever else it is you're giving up for Lent if you're Catholic. I'm not Catholic, so it actually means nothing to me.
    debra_benge

Answer by debra_benge at 10:50 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I have a brain fart going on since i woke up at 500 am, so i will smile because i have no idea whats going on!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• It should not only mean something to Catholics but to Christians. I never knew about this until just recently. I wondered why there is a day we call Ash Wednesday and Fat Tuesday. Bmat is right. It's a time to indulge so to speak before the fasting of Lent begins. Here's a link to give more info....

http://www.history.com/encyclopedia.do?articleId=214618
    jeng1980

Answer by jeng1980 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 24, 2009