Is my husband being childish?

We adopted my daughter, his step daughter a puppy. When it came to naming the dog, he wanted to share his thoughts....which we all agreed was a good idea. When Abby picked a name he did not like(Bear), he got upset and has been pouting for two days. He is very vocal about how much he does not like this name. He is very distant to everyone in the house, and just kinda sulks around.
I say this is very immature behavior. It is a childs dog and should not really matter what she named him.

Any thoughts? Am I being insensitive to his feelings?

als101198

Asked by als101198 at 10:48 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• Yeah, he needs to put his big boy britches on and get over it. It is your daughter's dog, and it is just a name. If he doesn't like it, he can always try to find a nickname that he likes to use instead.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 10:49 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• he needs to grow up
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 10:50 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• YEP, MY HUBBY REFUSED THE NAME TEDDY! REALY CHILD LIKE!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• OMG is he serious..???
    He is acting very childish..
    The next time he buys something for himself..tell him your daughter has to pick it out..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:53 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Yes he is being childish, just name the dog that ur daughter picked and that is that.

He will have to get over it.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:54 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i say yes
    SophieDrewsMom

Answer by SophieDrewsMom at 10:54 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Men can be annoying.
    And yes he is being childish. If he wanted a pet, he should've bought one for himself then.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I am surprised at how immature this is from a married man. I just thought, "Bear" can have a sexual meaning (a type of homosexual, I think, but could be mistaken) do you think that he could be thinking of this and feeling offended but not able to talk to you about it? Anyway, if it is the sexual thing he should just tell you. He should tell you, anyway, why he objects. The pouting just doesn't seem right. Is he stressed out at work or with family or something that would make him go overboard like this?

Answer by Bmat at 10:56 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• On the other hand, having re-thought, his feelings should be considered. If he really hates the name for any reason, the dog should have another name, It is a matter of respect for the husband and step-father. Perhaps he feels that he isn't getting enough respect from you and your daughter and this name thing is just the tip of the iceberg about why he is behaving like this. It may not be about the name but about the way he feels he is being treated. Change the name. Do it graciously, not being mean about it. Show him that you both do respect and love him.

Answer by Bmat at 10:59 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Changing the subject a little...How old is your DD??I personally do not believe in getting a animal for a child. Because they do not end up feeding it,,,potty training it,,or training it at all. Or paying the vet bills when it gets sick..JMO... 

Did you ask your DH why he didn't want to name the dog Bear???

Answer by louise2 at 11:00 AM on Feb. 24, 2009