I buy mostly organic food with my food stamps

Is this abuse of the system? We like to provide our children with healthy foods, but I feel like everyone is looking down on me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• krazyash, that's just rude. Actually if you do it right, buying organic isn't expensive at all. I have an article in prevention magazine that I kept that talks about buying organic/healthy on a budget. You could do it too if you really wanted. Most people just don't want to make that effort. How do you know the OP isn't taking the time and effort to make sure her FS are spent wisely? Would you rather she spend it on junk food? I really can't get over how rude some women are on here...

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:10 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i personally don't see anything wrong w/it as long as you are using the food stamps to buy your children food. it is your choice what type of food to feed them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I'm glad you're making healthy choices for your children but from what I know if you don't tell anyone yu are getting food stamps then no one knows... My sister has an ebt card (food stamps) and you wouldn't know it if you were in line behind her at the store, it's like a debit card.... As for the cashiers, they can't even see straight at walmart, etc so who cares!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I don't receive food stamps or buy organic. But I think it is fine. At least your children's health is important to you. I don't see how someone can question you buying organic food. It is your preference in foods.
    Anonymous

• Well good for you- Your on food stamps buying organic and I can't even afford buying organic for my family of 3.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:02 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Maybe you should apply for food stamps,lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Nah. I'm sure we make too much.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 11:05 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I rather see people on food stamps buy organic than buy the CRAP that I see them buy around were I live. I have seen people buying cigarettes and beer with food stamps. NOW THATS ABUSE!!! I say good for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• who cares what ppl think of u... they should be happy ur not buying a bunch of junk food,.. u are doin great mom keep it up!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• You can't buy cigs or beer with them,lol As for crap, junk food yeah they can, its horrible, they should regulate it more so all they can buy are healthy foods, then you wouldn't see so many skinny, unhealthy kids with rotten teeth from all the koolaid and soda they consume...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Feb. 24, 2009