OK I went to the doctor for an 8 week exam ...

and they said that I was only measuring 6 weeks and they couldn't find a heart beat. I only saw the picture for two seconds and then they said they wanted me to do a D&C. I believe I am only 6 weeks and they didn't look hard enough. I am so scared but I have not been spotting or anything that would inform me that I have miscarried just wondering what I should do

ltrail

Asked by ltrail at 11:27 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't do ANYTHING until you wait another week or two and request another ultrasound. It took them 10-15 mins to find my daughters heartbeat and I was 8 weeks along.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:29 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Get a second opinion now! If you think you are still pregnant and they didn't look long enough to know for sure, they will be killing your baby. There is always a chance they were right and know what they are looking for and that you did miscarry, but DO NOT do a D&C until you are comfortable and you KNOW that you miscarried!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• find another dr.
    i went in thinking i was 8wks or so and it turned out i was just barely over 5weeks there was no heartbeat yet my dr said come back in two weeks and when i did thngs were fine.
    I suggest a second opion befor doing the D&C.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:31 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• You should really get a second opinion because the doctors couldnt hear my baby's heartbeat at all until i was 10weeks pregnant.
    ariannasmom08

Answer by ariannasmom08 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Don't do anything, wait your baby could still be ok, maybe you are just not as far along as you thought. Get a second opinion before risking your baby's life. I hope that your baby is ok
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Of course, get a second opinion if it will give you peace of mind. But, most likely your Dr. was right. My gut reaction is that they only showed it to you for a second because they knew something was wrong and we all know how attached we get once we see that little creature on ultrasound. Maybe they were trying to be sensitive to you in that way. Good luck--you'll be pregnant when it's meant to be!
    Tylersm0m

Answer by Tylersm0m at 11:45 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I measured 6 when I was 12 weeks so I KNOW the baby had died when they ordered a D&C . You should get a second ultrasound in 2 weeks to see if the baby has grown any.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 12:03 PM on Feb. 24, 2009