Where do you like to buy your kids shoes?

How many pairs of shoes do you buy each kid each season?

Do you buy your kids dress shoes or do you wait for an occassion to warrent it?

Do you buy character shoes or are you a 'pair of plain ones to go with everything' mom?

Ladybugkisses76

Asked by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Shopping

• I like shoebuy.com. They ship for free and their selection and prices are great.
    I don't buy dress shoes until a holiday.
    I don't care for character shoes. I buy on pair blue, brown and white tennis shoes.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 11:44 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My kids have around 4 pairs of shoes each (excet my dd who has around 10). I buy their shoes various places. Mostly I go to shoes.com, shoe carnavel or the mall and get their shoes. I dont buy any non name brand shoes because I have found they fall apart faster. Mostly my boys have plain shoes without charactors on them like Etnies, Vans, World Industries etc. My dd has two pairs of Etnies, and various sandals.

Answer by gemgem at 11:46 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I prefer shoes without charcters on them and I get them wherever I find a good deal - soemtimes I can get them cheaper at babys r us with a sale and a coupon than a discount store
    tmcewen

Answer by tmcewen at 11:46 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• When they are just learning how to walk we like to get ours from Stride-rite. After that we get them where ever. We have probably 3 pairs per child, normal sneakers to go with everything, a pair of sandles for the summer time and a pair of dress shoes for Church. We like plain ones that go with everything for all of them. My dd is only almost 12 months and I imagine we will probably have a few more for her to go with her dresses.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 11:47 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• OP-here and I would say that it depends on what season it is but since I have 2 girls I think they each have several pairs of shoes.

We're coming up on summer and my husband and I were talking about taking a trip down to the big indoor outlet mall here in Maryland to buy summer things and shoes will definately be apart of our shopping trip.

Each girl will get 2pairs of sandals, one for service and one for play, a pair of sneakers and several pairs of flip-flops and a pair of water shoes. I'll have to check out Shoebuy.com to see what they have. I also like Zappos.com but I mostly buy shoes for myself from there since they tend to carry lots of selections for someone who wears a size 11 such as myself. Although we did buy our toddler a pair of snow boots off Zappos earlier this month for our ski trip.

Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• WalMart or Target...My son gets 2-3 pairs of shoes when school starts and then a few sandles when it warms up...My daughter normally gets all her shoes from my sister (my niece's old shoes)...She has probably 20 pairs of shoes and she's only 2 years old lol.
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 12:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• The boys usually have about 3 pairs per season. Sometimes more in the summer. I usually go to Payless a couple of times a year because they are the only place around here I have found shoes that fit them. They both have wide feet and I have only found wide widths that fit them there. And I always go when they have buy-one-get-one half off. I do sometimes buy sandals or 'play' shoes at Walmart, if I can find some that fit.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 1:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I buy my kids' tennis shoes at the outlet mall...more specifically either the Sketchers or Nike outlet. Then we buy their dress shoes at Payless, Walmart, or Target, whichever I find something that I like in whatever sizes we need. For the summertime, we buy sandels and Crocs on clearance whenever we find them. At any given time, my kids each have 4 or 5 pairs of shoes, including their church shoes and seasonal (boots or sandels).
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 4:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• My daughter loves sandals and hates socks and shoes, so I buy one pair dress shoes, one pair sneakers, and 3 pair sandals as needed.
    miranda2001

Answer by miranda2001 at 8:23 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• My oldest isn't too bad on shoes. He only gets about 3 pairs a year. One pair of Tims and 2 sneakers. He likes Footlocker. My middle son is horrible when it comes to shoes. I get him a new pair about every 2 1/2 months. Either its Feet First or where ever else they sell skateboarding shoes. And my daughter, forget it. She's a clothes horse. Usually every time we hit the mall she comes home with a pair or two.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2009