Have you ever been fired?

I was put on 'leave of abscence' years ago when I got pregnant. I never went back. I think they really terminated me because they took my badge and smock. This was a long time ago and it just pushed me to college but I was wondering if anyone had ever been let go and why?

KARRIEMARIE

Asked by KARRIEMARIE at 11:45 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I guess you can say I set myself up to be fired from my last job. I was working for my second husband for about 4 years when he fired me because I filed for divorce! True story! LOL
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 3:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I got fired years ago for being pregnant, long before anyone sued for it.

Answer by gemgem at 11:48 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• If you got "fired" for being pregnant that was a big no no. They didn't have to keep the same position but one similar.

Yes I have over hear say

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I was "let go" because I was in the hospital for the second time during my first pregnancy due to morning sickness, and I was missing work too much.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Nope
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i was fired for not doing something that was clearly not my job. i was working at a cafe, and somebody left a needle in the toilet, i was told to fish it out, and we did not have proper equipment to do so. i said no and they fired me 'for not doing my job'. i sued and they settled out of court.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I worked as a telemarketer and was fired for not reading word for word from the computer screen.

Best day of my life!

Anonymous

• I have fired a few times the one that sticks out the most was where I was told to do something by a dr as far as her schedule went and to "use" her initials (that was how we determined who scheduled what at the office). It pissed off the practice manager and I was fired for FORGERY. WTH. I didn't sign her name just her initials on a computer per her instructions. Okay I have vented.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• haha YES! I was 16 working at Scholtzky's and I was also pregnant at the time too, came in their with morning sickness all the time, it was terrible.. One day I decided to leave early because I was so tired, Next day he said I was fired, THANK GOD! lol
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 3:11 PM on Feb. 24, 2009