my 5 year old has decided he doesnt want to go to the toilet anymore..

I dont understand what happened. He was potty trained by 2 1/2 then all of a sudden about a year ago we were getting set to start school he started holding in his bowel movents for days and days at a time until it really hurt and he would be so scared to go again he'd hold it again. This has been going on for a year . I ve talked to his pedi. and he said its like training all over again. Its absolutely horrible. constant, messes. I wonder if his 14 yr old brother saying he hates school everyday,had anything to do with it. Ive tried miralax at nite, plenty of water, playing outside he just wont go until its too late. It is so frstrating. any ideas?

DIANE463

Asked by DIANE463 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 24, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You know, there are adults who won't go anywhere but home. I wonder if initially you tell him he doesn't have to go poo at school only at home and make him comfy he will change his mind. I would look into therapy. This could lead into more problems down the road.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:52 AM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Did something happen at school that upset him?
    MidnightKarma

Answer by MidnightKarma at 2:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2009