Can you believe this BS?

I don't usually watch TMZ because, while I am always up for some Celeb Gossip they are just too much. I saw this on the local news this AM and am just...unable to find words.

We gave Northern Trust $1.6 Billion in bailout money they didn't even ask for and they spent more than that on a golf tourney and weeks of partying. Their excuse, they didn't spend the bailout money on that it came out of their general operating fund. SO? If they had that kind of cheese in their general funds WHY DID THEY ACCEPT THE BAILOUT MONEY?

Don't you think it would do much more for consumer confidence if the banks acted more responsibly and kept their wallets closed more?

http://www.tmz.com/2009/02/24/northern-trust-bank-bailout/

Friday

Asked by Friday at 12:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• WTF? Dat is some BS!
    Anonymous

• Whenever I hear about AIG, etc. spending bailout money on stuff like trips, I wonder why anyone is surprised!!

After all, many people cheat on their taxes, keep quiet about mistakes made in their favor at the checkout line, keep money found on the floor of a store rather than take it to lost and found, and on and on.
    Bailout money abuse is just a larger version of this type of greed.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:17 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• It's the era of Dire Straits, money for nothin and the chicks are free. hehe
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 12:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Has anyone watched the episode on "everybody loves raymond' where Robert is broke and Ray lends him a $1000 and Robert immediately decides to take a trip to Las Vegas to blow all that money ?
    Perfect analogy... ha
    Well thats a sitcom but this is real money... call them bunch of idiots
    SweKrish

Answer by SweKrish at 12:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• When the people see the secretary of the treasury not paying taxes what kind of message does this send? Sure cheat the taxpayers. What a bunch of crooks. They should all be fired.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 12:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Yes friday I do! This is crazy stuff. So is AIG wanting 62 billion b/c they lost 62 billion! So wrong. I don't think they are ever going to stop asking for hand outs!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Don't you think it would do much more for consumer confidence if the banks acted more responsibly and kept their wallets closed more?

how many people in this country do you think would turn down money? we got Governors asking for the money other Governors are turning down. it's not bad enough you run your state in the ditch you come out and ask for other's monies? NY and CA! the hell with lowering the debt because YOU"RE in good shape-give me yours!

Anonymous

• Why, yes, I CAN believe all of this BS! This is what happens when you give someone a handout not a handup! This is why businesses should be allowed to fail. This is why so many of us do not support the stimulus package=,...and it's only going to get worse.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 12:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Well gee, Barney Frank is now asking for that money back. Wonder why, who knew TMZ would be our newest fair and balanced news source.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Dire Straits.....cracking up akin!! You rock! I agree with you friday.....it's pure BS!!!! NObama holding a Fiscal Responsiblity Summit is like Mike Tyson holding a No Violence Summit!!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 1:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2009