Breast Pumps

What kind did you use? Manual or electric? I had a friend tell me that she liked the manual more because she felt like she had more control. I won't be pumping too often, because the baby will be with me almost all the time. I'll just have to pump for her to stay at grandmas and stuff.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have heard great things from manual pumps. I had a medela single manual and it worked really well.

I am getting an ameda or an avent isis manual with this baby. I am a SAHM so don't need to pump at work, so I will stick with a manual. It's also cheaper lol.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I had a medela pump in style. It is a double electric and I swore by it. But I used mine many times a day. My baby didn't latch and I wanted her to have Breast milk.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I had a manual pump and wished that I had an electric. I was with my son all the time but didnt have a lot of time to pump because it was just me and him and no help. I think the best way to do it is to pump while he/she is suckling one side and then when they switch to the other side, pump the opposite. I had a terrible time with leaking all over myself and my son while he was eating so I wish that I had had the electric one. As for that tho they have different settings I believe so it can easily coincide with your comfort level.
    PhotographyM0m

Answer by PhotographyM0m at 12:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I use lansinoh double electric pump. It suits my needs. It was given to me so I didn't really shop around. Aside from grandma babysitting, you might have to pump in the middle of the night. When my DD started sleeping the night I would wake up around 3 and need to pump. Worked out good though, I have stock.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I have the playtex double electric. ive had it almost 2 years and it still works great im a SAHM so i dont use it excessively, but it is a great investment. i think they run about 70-80 new now?
    xburtonchickx

Answer by xburtonchickx at 12:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I bought an Evenflo double electric because it was cheap and I work from home, so I don't have to pump very often. It works fine and I'm glad I didn't waste my money on something that cost over 200$!
    CaylaLU

Answer by CaylaLU at 1:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2009