Does anyone know how and when often to clean out my babies humdifiter? It gets so yucky after each time I run it... please help!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Check the instruction manual it will tell you how often to clean and with what type of product. If you don't have the manual then go online to the manufacturer to find out.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:20 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I would clean it every time you used it. If not then atleast every other day. Bacteria and such can build up in that and cause problems down the road if it is not cleaned properly. Also, I wouldn't use any cleaning chemicals, just soap and water. Antibacterial soap would probably be best, but you should refer to your manual that came with the humidifier to check for care directions.
    PhotographyM0m

Answer by PhotographyM0m at 12:21 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Does it have the uv light. If not you might want to just get a new one.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• read the manual, or look it up online...mine says not to use soap at all. they are all different.
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 2:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2009