How do I loose weight safely while I'm BFing?

I really want to loose soom weight, but I am already eating a healthy diet, and trying to exercise. What else can I do?

Liz132

Asked by Liz132 at 12:40 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• be patient. Eliminate drinks other than water and milk from your diet..um cut back on sugars..don't deprive yourself of sleep. GL to you.
    Anonymous

• Go to mypryamid.gov and sign up. There are a bunch of options there. You will lose since your breastfeeding but you can also cut down calories safely if you look at that site and itll tell you how much of what vitamins you should get, how many calories to eat, what to avoid etc/

Answer by gemgem at 12:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• WW online has plans for BFing mothers, you could try that.

I try and drink lots of water, have lots of soups (not cream soups), and no carbs for dinner.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I personally wouldn't cut back on milk unless you just mean whole, especially if you plan on having more children. Your bones/body need the calcium and you want to give your breastmilk all the nutrients you can.
    Water, working out, healthy diet. But you still need to get your extra 500 calories a day, especially if you don't want to lose any supply.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Breastfeeding is the best diet you can have! I don't know how old your little one is but when my little one turned 4 months, I just started dropping weight and wasn't even dieting! But if you want to diet, I would try weight watchers for nursing moms! Best of luck!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 3:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I am a coach for a great company called team beach body and would love to help you if you want some FREE coaching? Let me know what i can do to help you!!! Rhea
    skichik

Answer by skichik at 1:53 AM on Feb. 25, 2009