Eating too much cereal?

My 5 month old eats formula every 3 hours during the day - 4 oz. at a time. Before bed he has cereal - he eats 6 tablespoons of cereal, mixed with 2 scoops of formula, then I add 4 oz. of water. It is such a big bowl of food! Does this sound like too much? I am not forcing it - he really loves it - after that he goes 6 hours until he wakes up to eat

expectoct

Asked by expectoct at 12:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That's roughly what my son ate at that age for one meal. I wouldn't feed him all of that right before bed, though. That's creating a bad habit...eating right before bed. Start now with healthy eating habits.
    Anonymous

• That sounds like a TON! My son doesn't take that much at 7 months and he's a big eater!
    I would give him a 6 oz bottle of formula and then follow with half as much rice. Rice is mostly empty calories and has almost no nutrion so it's better to fill up on formula than the rice.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2009