Would you be upset too?

Awhile ago sis's dog had pups. My son wanted to keep one but we live in apartment and have to pay xtra to have the dog there. So my mom told my son she would keep the dog at her house(where my sis lives) and take care of it. Then my cousin took two of the dogs for a friend and last night my neice told us my son's dog was one of them! So my son got upset and called my cousin and explained what happened. Then he asked her if she would ask her friend for the dog back and we would give them another. She told him no! This puppy was my son's for 6 weeks and her friend has only had it for a couple of days. My son is now upset and so am I. At my cousin for refusing to ask for the dog back, at my nieces for knowingly letting her take the dog (which she admitted). This is a grown woman with a son so I thought she would understand and try to get the dog back. Should I let it go or try asking again even if she already said she wouldn't?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in General Parenting

• Thats low that they would give your dog away in the 1st place.I would try to get this person # & call them & let them know what is going on.I wouldnt let it go.
    Anonymous

• Let it go. The pup is already gone. I know it is heartbreaking for you and for your son. Go to the pound and pick out another dog, there will be some there that desperately need a home. I wouldn't trust the sister's (or is it cousin's -it's not clear who gave the puppy away) word again, though. It doesn't sound as if she respects you.

Answer by Bmat at 1:21 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i say let it go too but dont forget, dont trust your family with stuff you value...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:57 PM on Feb. 24, 2009