Don't feelings have something to do with the way we think?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 1:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Relationships

• The way that we think determines how we feel.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I think so. For example, if I'm angry, I do not make good judgements. If I'm happy, I will tend to be more generous.

saltycoqui

Answer by saltycoqui at 1:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Our emotions affect our decisions every day (and our decisions end up affecting our emotions too). It is sometimes very hard for someone to disregard their emotional signals when making a decision than making the logical, best choice. It's behavioral learning. Our previous experiences made gave us either positive or negative reinforcement. We react to similar circumstances in the future based on how they make us feel or how we learned that circumstances in the past made us feel. It's how we develop biases instead of looking at each situation individually. It also protects us from making the same mistakes over and over again.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:31 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I'm with nannyb. I think it's the other way around. If you think something is good then you are going to feel good about it.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2009