How can i get my 2 year old to understand throwing things is not ok?

I recently had our second son Nathan on Feb.15th,2009. Since we have brought him home, Jonathan has been acting up. I need some advice on how to deal with his anger. I am at my wits end here. I dont want to spank or dicipline him for being upset, but he gets way out of line.

wendylindekugel

Asked by wendylindekugel at 1:05 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try to limit the negative responses from his acting up. Instead, take him out one on one without the baby on a regular basis. He just wants to be reminded your relationship with him has not changed just because the new baby is there. The more you react negatively and punish him for acting out, the more hurt he'll become and he'll blame it all on new baby.
    Tylersm0m

Answer by Tylersm0m at 1:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2009