Most new mommies cry when they send their baby off to daycare for the first time, I didn't I partied... am I a bad mommy?

My six weeker started daycare yesterday. She will only be there twice a week. I wanted to do a test run before I started work later this week so I took her in there thinking that I would be crying all day long without her.

I seriously loved the fact that after six weeks that I had a break, even if only for eight hours. I went home and spent the day on me. I did not cry, I was not worried (I have my step son in the same awesome daycare)

I think that my daughter even enjoyed her time there.

Am I abnormal for enjoying that free time I had? Ugh, I feel sooooo guilty for not crying like I hear so many mommies do.

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 1:06 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didn't cry, I was very sad but didn't cry. But our son doesn't go to daycare our parents watch him so it was alot easier for me. I wouldn't say its bad to not cry :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Don't feel awful! It's awesome that you have a daycare that you trust. And if your baby didn't have probs w it, that'seven better. The earlier you get her accustomed to other people, the less problems you will have later on. Good start!
    Tylersm0m

Answer by Tylersm0m at 1:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I didn't cry either. I liked the break. When it's just you and baby and no adults all day, it's nice to have a break. :)
    Anonymous

• there is a huge difference between leaving your daughter 2 times a week and 5 days a week. plus, you already take your step kid there, so really it is not your first experience with day care. i was sad, am still sad, because i'm missing the majority of my daughters life and only get about two hours a day with her.
    CNehneva

Answer by CNehneva at 2:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I didn't send my daughter until she was 15 months but I didn't cry. I missed her, but didn't cry.
    cassandrans

Answer by cassandrans at 3:57 PM on Feb. 24, 2009