What experiences have made you more understanding?

Being poor while growing up. Being a child of a single mother of 4.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 1:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Just for Fun

• finding myself in a a position where i ended up doing things i never would've done before. i then realized that sometimes people do questionable things depending on where they are in their lives.
    not-the-momma

Answer by not-the-momma at 3:36 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Having a mother who had an affair on my dad. He forgave her and their marriage was drastically changed and better after that. What I learned was that a marriage/people can overcome ANYTHING, forgiveness is key to happiness, and the statement- once a cheater, always a cheater IS NOT always true :)
    Anonymous

• Being the daughter of an alcoholic, smoker, angry, always working dad. Being the daughter of a mom who interfers in her childrens' lives. Being the sister of someone who suffered and survived PPD, being the sister of a teen mommy, being the sister of 2 divorcees. And most of all being the daughter of a father with cancer and a mother with diabetes
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 1:21 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Watching my sister take her husband back after he cheated on her. It was easy for everyone to tell her never take him back but in the end nobody really knows their feelings or what they were going through. My sister is not what you would call a doormat eithier so whatever reason she had to take him back is good enough for me. As long as that's what she wants, I will continue to be civil to him even though I hate what he did.
    Anonymous

• Being poor helped me be more sympathetic towards people who work hard to have enough.

Having cancer made me understand about people who have life-threatening disease.

Having arthritis in my knees and back made me understand people who have trouble getting around because of pain.

Answer by Bmat at 1:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• getting pregnant outside of marriage.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2009