anyone else not have an appetite after getting home from the hospital??

So i got out of the hospital on friday evening and ive literally had ZERO appetite. its not that im busy where i cant eat, but i just dont get hungry. my stomach doesnt growl, i just am not hungry its been like this ever since i got home. the first day i didnt even notice until the next day that i didnt eat ANYTHING. now i of course make sure i eat something, but i can only eat itty bitty portions.

why is it like that? is it normal? anyone else feel like that after being out of the hospital?

maybe its because i didnt eat anything for 2 1/2 days in the hospital??

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I was like that too. It was amazing how I could eat just about everything the day before I went into labor and all of sudden no appetite whatsoever. I don't think I had an appetite for a week or two.
    Congrats on the baby!
    Anonymous

• Wow, we went through the same things. I am six weeks out and still don't have much of an appetite. I ate a handful of peanuts yesterday and forced myself to eat a chicken breast.

Right out of the hospital, I really did not want to eat anything. It was not that I was not feeling well or too busy. I just had zero appetite.

Must be kind of normal.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 1:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• i went through the same thing part of it is i was soooo tired that i would rather sleep than eat. i just wasnt hungry. i lost 25 pounds in 2 weeks after i gave birth! i have to stress that even if you dont feel like eating it is very important to make yourself eat anyways esp if you are nursing. i didnt hardly eat and i ended up in urgent care with pneumonia(however you spell it).

congrats on the new baby!
    vampire2007

Answer by vampire2007 at 1:21 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Congrats on the new baby :)

Yeah I was the SAME way ... it lasted for almost 2 weeks and my mom pretty much made me eat so I would produce milk and get my energy back up. Now my appetite is somewhat normal. Just make sure you are drinking enough liquids! Esp. water.. Good Luck :):)
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 1:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I was the same way BUT then I started feeling sick... and it turns out I had a uterine infection and had to be re-admitted to the hospital.
    If you feel fine then just keep trying to eat small snacks all day long
    If you feel "off" then go see your OB incase you have an infection
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2009