Apple cider diet anyone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Isn't this an old diet?
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:28 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Any diet that's liquid based is a recipe for failure.....as soon as you start eating again you'll gain everything right back IF you even lose anything to begin with. Your body needs food for energy to survive. Deny the body the nutrients and calories it needs and it goes into starvation mode and holds onto your fat thinking it needs it to survive. Just eat healthy and workout!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:55 AM on Feb. 25, 2009

• This doesn't have to be a "diet". Matter of fact I found this on Prevention's web site a couple of days ago, saying to take 2 tsp. of apple cider vinegar with each meal. Prevention said that the body uses the acidity of the vinegar to help the body process carbs so that the pancreas doesn't store it as fat. This was new info for me. B/c I studied this many years ago from a book called Vermont Folk Medicine and the doctor that wrote the book said that vinegar helps the body's ph balance so that it processes food the right way, which helps with weight loss, and many other issues. My grandmother drank vinegar in water every day of her life.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 6:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2009