I have a 3 year old daughter and she has seizures. I have spoken with a neurologist and all he wants to do is increase her meds. She saw the neurologist on 1/21 and has had 3 seizures since. I am very scared and worried. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Germaine967

Asked by Germaine967 at 1:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If you don't think the neuro is doing enough, maybe you can switch?
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• The meds she is taking might not be right for her. My little sister has epilepsy, when she was 3 she had a grandmal seizure. That was the first sign we ever had of her epilepsy. Since then she has tried many many many different types of meds and doses. Even though the neurologist finally found a medication that is right for her she still has micro seizures if she watches tv, plays video games, or is on the computer to long. I wouldn't jump to blaming the neurologist. I would try going with what the neurologist suggests with upping the dose. If that doesn't work ask if there is another medication she can try.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 1:43 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• it wouldnt hurt to do some research and find another neurologist, just to get another opinion. Doctors are people, and there are no set rules for how they treat. Not saying your current neurologist is wrong, but another perspective might help you understand better, as well.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 3:35 PM on Feb. 24, 2009