How do I wean my 20-month-old?

I have to start taking some new medication and have to wean my daughter even though I don't really want to. Any suggestions that will help ease this transition would be great.

CaBolg

Asked by CaBolg at 1:18 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would start decreasing the number of feedings. Leave the one that she enjoys the most for last. Then when you are ready to get rid of that last feeding, I would handle it differently depending on what time of day the feeding is. If it is the one before bed, I would start to give her a bedtime snack like yogurt or something and then just decrease the duration of the feeding. She will be fuller and not want to nurse as long. Then if it is an option for you I would have your DH or a close family member take over putting her to bed for a while is she is used to you feeding her and putting her to bed.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 4:04 PM on Feb. 24, 2009