How do Obama supporters feel about Obama sending 17,000 more troops to the Middle East?

I was just wondering the thoughts of Obama supporters on this one. While campaigning he promised to start bring troops home immediately and have them all home in 16 months. Now he is going to deploy 17,000 more to the Middle East.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2009-02-17-afghanistan-forces_N.htm

Just wondering what you all thought about it.

proud2Bmomma

Asked by proud2Bmomma at 1:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• we are at war and to think he could really pull the troops out of the middle east in just 16months is not reality and anyone who believed him is just as nieve in my book.
    Im a ex army wife and i understand whats going on over their and i dont care who the president is we arnt coming out of that war anytime soon.
    Anonymous

• Well, I am not an Obama supporter, and I am NOT surprised. I support our troops. Sending more troops over doesn't bother me, however we need to do more to support them. Give them morale support, financial support, and tools, equipment & gear, etc

We need American pride back in our country.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 1:39 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I support Obama, I hate war, but the Taliban is evil, they are not real Muslims but terrorist fanatics that need to be stopped. God willing our troops can do it. The Taliban was dispersed after Busch sent troops over there to fight the war of Terrorism, but the Taliban has come back into power. They kill innocent people, take the rights away from women that Islam has granted them, put fear into the hearts of their people and they need to be stopped.
    raenad

Answer by raenad at 1:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Oh, and American pride doesn't start with a President who says he'll bring troops home, and then sends more over. Poor leadership. Obama needs to put on a better show, instead of being so wishy-washy. The wet noodle approach doesn't look good from afar. Those soldiers need to see more support from him.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 1:41 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Hes a loser and I never should have voted for him. I thought he was going to bring them home.
    Anonymous

• i totally support the troops but, remember that obama has never served and he really doesn't know what it is like to be a soldier and to be away from their families. but if it protects the American citizens then what can we really do??
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 1:45 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• While campaigning he promised to start bring troops home immediately and have them all home in 16 months.

Actually he promised to pull out of Iraq and I do recall him saying he would focus more on Afghanistan, which is where these troops are headed.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 1:49 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• I am not an Obama voter, but here is my take: As new POTUS, show some respect the first time you are about to order a MAJOR deployment... Visit a military base (Obama was recently in VA, CO, AZ~All of which have bases/posts). Call the troops together, do a telvised moment, DO SOMETHING to show respect to the men, women, and families you are about to impact....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• Instead, what did "O" do? He sent a memo along with Gibbs to make the stuttering announcement. Nice Mr President. Nice.... ::insert sarcasm here:: jmho...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 24, 2009

• The code pink people are having a duck! I saw something about it on AOL news. Poor things, I think they should be sent over to try and deal with the terrorists, apparently they think they know how to fix these problems,

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2009