How do I take the tints off my car so I can get new ones put on?

Richerise

Asked by Richerise at 2:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Home & Garden

• it's best to let a window specialist do that...like who ever may be putting your new ones on should be able to take your old ones off. if it was done by a pro i'd leave it to them to take off..
    Mommy2life

Answer by Mommy2life at 2:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• agree with Mommy2life. BUT.. i have heard u can get it off with Windex an a scraper
    Mom2kekeanpinka

Answer by Mom2kekeanpinka at 2:15 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• It's an all day process or so. Spray some ammonia on the windows and cover it with a trashbag and let it sit in the sun for a few hours. The ammonia eats the tint. After its been sitting then you use elbow grease and a scraper and scrape, scrape,and scrape. I used to live with a window tinter.
    ymbotello

Answer by ymbotello at 2:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• i would not ever do it myself again def. take it to the specialist who are going to put the new tint on its just a horrible experience the glue is so sticky and you have to scrape and scrape and you cant completely give up once started because you cant see out of the window to drive to the speacialist
    crissy386

Answer by crissy386 at 3:57 PM on Jun. 18, 2008